She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household vs. 15a
I like eating steaks. Medium rare to be exact. My whole life I grew up eating meat. Meat with every meal. That’s not really by my mom’s preferences; however, my dad enjoys meat with every meal. I think I assumed that dinner always consisted of a meal with some kind of meat/poultry/fish being the main course. I went to college in the hippie-organic-eating-town of Southern Illinois and had some healthy friends show me that there are lots of great, filling meals you can have for dinner that are meatless. My friend Jordan was one of those people. I went to her house the other day, and she made this meal. It’s really delicious and simple. (perfect meal after a long day on campus).
1. Chop up some fresh zucchini, squash, and tomatoes.
2. Sauté them in olive oil and add garlic and onion powder. Or salt and pepper, whatever tickles your fancy. They should get real soft, and I like to burn them a little.
3. While those are on the stovetop, make your rice.
4. Once the rice is cooked and the veggies are done, put in in a bowl or on plate. (I like using a plate because I’m one of those picky people who like my food to be fairly separate.) I know..weird right? Oh! And melt cheese on top! That’s the best part.
So there you have it! What are some meatless meals you like to make?
* This is part of the Somewhat Simple link party.